Odoo Help

Changes through web settings not found on code files

By
Jesús Marco
on 18-2-8 下午1:06 257 views

I have recently installed Odoo (version 8) and it is operating as expected, however, I have made some minor custimizations such as adding fields and changing labels names, all of these changes were made through web access as an Administrator (Settings>Technical>Database Structure>Models>hr.employee) and editing the FormView (activating the developer mode); and eventhough these changes seem to be persistent (I have opened Odoo using different web browsers and restarted the Odoo service) I cannot find the changes I made in the python nor XML files; I was expecting to see the XML files to be updated with the new fields or new labels.

Is this normal or is there some kind of feature that I have to activate?

Update: I upgraded the module hr.employee and as a result I lost all the customizations I had previously done.

Are the changes made through web access as Admin and editing the Formview not persistent??

Jesús Marco
on 18-2-8 下午2:23

Mohammed Amal

--Mohammed Amal--

| 5 3 7
Malappuram, 印度
--Mohammed Amal--

Email : mohammedamal.n@gmail.com

Mohammed Amal
On 18-2-9 上午7:11

Hi,

The changes you make to a view will be lost when you upgrade the module containing that view.

Jesús Marco
On 18-2-9 上午11:10

Hi Mohammed Amal.

I understand and it is logic to lose the customizations done after a module is upgraded, but my original question is, why the changes made to the view, are not found on the physical files?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 18-2-8 下午1:06
Seen: 257 times
Last updated: 18-2-9 上午11:10