Trợ giúp

How can my quantity be zero but my inventory valuation be positive ? And how to change it ?

Hugo Baivier (hba)

I bought eighteen products for 100, and sold them for free. In my inventory valuation report, even if I have zero products, the value is still 100. The valuation method for the product category of this product is set to FIFO. 

How can I change that, and avoid this problem in the future ? 

Ảnh đại diện
Huỷ bỏ
3 Câu trả lời
Best Answer

Hi, It is possible that you in the past had a higher price for a product through the inventory valuation, and then sold it/removed it when it had a lower valuation. 

1 Bình luận
Ảnh đại diện
Huỷ bỏ
Hugo Baivier (hba)
-

Yes but I checked with an inventory expert, the valuation of the product should stay the same anyway since it is set in FIFO. This one is going to support

Hugo Baivier (hba)
Best Answer

Hi Ivan, No the categories are set to FIFO and manual. But the valuation problem seem to happen only for certain products.  I also checked on a runbot a product with the same configuration and the valuation changed correctly back to zero when I sold the products for free. 

I would like to be able to be able to correct the values in the inventory valuation report. 

Ảnh đại diện
Huỷ bỏ
Ivan Aragon (ifr)
Best Answer

Hi Hugo, are you using combination of costing method FIFO + inventory valuation Automated? I think FIFO and AVCO only work with automated inventory valuation and Standard price for manual inventory valuation, try to check that. Best regards.

Ảnh đại diện
Huỷ bỏ