Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) Сполучені Штати
19.12.16, 02:12

Setup: create a "Consulting Hours" product, with following data:

• Unit of measure: Hours (or days)

• Type: Service

• Invoice on: delivered quantities

• Track time on: create task

When you start a new project, create a quotation using this product. Set the right price for the customer (quantity does not matter, set the total expected for this customer)

When the quotation is turned into a SO, a task is created. Timesheet in this task.

Periodically, go to Sales > Invoicing > Sales to Invoice. You can invoice from there.

Odoo does not set all timesheets on the invoice (that would create 6 page long invoice) because the customer can access details from the portal.

3 Коментар
StarrWulfe Японія
19.12.16, 11:35

I see!

I did try this very thing and it did work just as you explained, thank you for that.

I agree about the 6 page long invoices, and the customer can simply access the portal to see a detailed view of the work that was done. However here in Japan, sometimes they want a detailed printout of everything that was done on the project to get to that point so there is a need to show detailed statements. I will simply attach and send PDFs of the timesheets associated with the projects as a workaround for now.

Next question: is there a way to bill on project timesheets that are already in progress? How can I turn those into service orders too?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) Сполучені Штати
19.12.16, 12:06
There is a field to link a task to a SO line, but it's possible that this field is only visible in debug mode. (Try to switch to dev mode, from Settings dashboard, and check if this field is visible)

On Dec 19, 2016 5:35 PM, "StarrWulfe" <jlgatewood@gmail.com> wrote:

I see!

I did try this very thing and it did work just as you explained, thank you for that.

I agree about the 6 page long invoices, and the customer can simply access the portal to see a detailed view of the work that was done. However here in Japan, sometimes they want a detailed printout of everything that was done on the project to get to that point so there is a need to show detailed statements. I will simply attach and send PDFs of the timesheets associated with the projects as a workaround for now.

Next question: is there a way to bill on project timesheets that are already in progress? How can I turn those into service orders too?

--
StarrWulfe

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

Reddconnect, Patrick.A Нідерланди
19.04.17, 09:41

Hi,

I was reading your answer Fabien and I understand how to invoice hours made on a project that is connected to an order. However, when I give a customer acces via a portal I cannot find how that customer can find a detailed overview of the hours on the timeheet..

What are the right settings for this to be available for the portal customer?

Patrick

Аватар

Ermin Trevisan Швейцарія

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 8 7 10
Walchwil, Швейцарія
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan Швейцарія
18.12.16, 03:10
Задайте запитання
Автор
Продовжити інформувати
1 підписник(и)
Про цю спільноту

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now