Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--

| 5 2 8
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--

Kevin McMenamin
5/6/18 00:29

Alex

I don't think you are going to get a solution from standard so i would look at the following process

1. Assuming LA is a warehouse with many trucks, create a warehouse for LA and a warehouse per truck

2. On sale order, warehouse is LA to commit the stock (standard logic) and create the picking/moves. This will have customer as the destination location.

3. Have a module which either logically (based on the customer zip code) or manually
 a) updates the existing picking and changes the destination location to the truck location
 b) creates a picking and moves for the truck warehouse --> customer

4. for your additional lines, since you don't know who is getting, create a picking from LA stock --> truck warehouse so the stock is correct.

5. truck diver confirms picking. Use this to then create the customer invoice (may or may not be standard in Odoo as we have our own module to do this so i haven't checked)

6. Do a stock return for the ad hoc items and then create sale orders and confirm dispatch for what each customer has taken. 

Pinakin Nayi (pna)

--Pinakin Nayi (pna)--
| 2 2 7
Ahmedabad, India
--Pinakin Nayi (pna)--

He has good skills in problem identification and implementation of effective solutions. He is working in Odoo India.

Techno-Functional

LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/pinakin-nayi-2a33103a/

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
29/5/18 05:32

Probably this is possible by using picking wave. 

How this work ?

You can create sales order and confirm. In Picking wave you can collect(group by) sales order's picking and assign person(in your case truck). Probably you need one more intermediate location "In Truck".

4 Comments
Alex Theordore
29/5/18 11:24

Can I have multiple locations in one warehouse? (i.e Truck1, Truck 2, Truck 3 under one warehouse and choose a truck accordingly to the road route?)

Is Picking Wave the same as Picking as I am not familiar with Picking Wave?

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
30/5/18 00:47

That is also possible to create multiple locations under warehouse. But then you have issue with which sales goes to which truck ? How can you decide or how can you assign truck location in sales ?

Picking wave we are using in different manner but in your case we may use it. Like, you have 10 sales order and among 10 5 sales order we need to assign to Truck 1. So we select those picking in picking wave and assign the responsible person as a Truck 1. We take print out of that and gives to truck driver...

Alex Theordore
30/5/18 23:51

Are you referring to this module https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/10.0/stock_picking_wave/

I am using Odoo 11 Enterprise. I cannot find it in the Apps or module.

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
31/5/18 00:42

Opps. In v11 it is renamed to "Batch Pickings" you can find in inventory setting.

Ask a Question
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now