Help

Use current available stock for items in the BOM, if not enough create RFQ on missing quantity only

Noro

Hello, 

My question is very much similar to this one: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-config-product-as-make-to-stock-to-generate-purchase-order-for-zero-stocks-items-109113

but it doesn't solve the issue in my case. 

I have odoo 12  and situation is following:

1. ProductOne (Should be manufactured and has a BOM, Routes > Make to Order & Manufacture)

BOM contains

- subProduct 1 (Routes > Buy, Make to order )

- subProduct 2 (Routes > Buy, Reordering rules is 0) - has some stock availability but less than needed

After I create sales order for the ProductOne, I want to create RFQ only for the required qty of products from the BOM.

With such setting I have following result:

For subProduct1 - I have RFQ with total qty (doesn't matter if I have stock availability or not)
For subProduct2 - I do not have RFQ at all.

Can someone please advise where to look for the solution?

Thanks

N

2 Comments
Discard
Noro
-

I tested the suggestion and I can confirm that re-ordering rules work perfectly for the subproducts that we have to buy.

But if I have subProduct which should be manufactured as well, i receive error: There is no vendor associated to the product

any suggestion on how this can be sorted?

thanks

Noro
-

Thank you guys, for you help.

I guess you both are right and as a first glance, seems it is going to solve my problem. 

The link was really useful.

Regards, 
N

3 Answers
Lars Aam
Best Answer

Why do you use Make To Order? It very often mess up the flow in the supply chain. (And that is not specific for Odoo).
I always recommend to ony use it in very special situations.  In almost all cases I have come across it is not necessary, and your flow will work better with just using reordering rules setting the minimum qty =0. 

2 Comments
Discard
DWARKANATH BARI
-

i want to set this message "You plan to sell 1.0 Unit(s) of Large Meeting Table but you only have 0.0 Unit(s) available in SAGAR AIR warehouse." How i Can do this ??

Lars Aam
-

You want to get rid of that message? Me to. Odoo assume that you always have stock available and warn you if you don't. Improvement to give a possible promise date to he customer is missing.

ITStore
Best Answer

Hello All,

Get this app for all in one solution:Make To Order For Required Stock

Discard
Paresh Wagh
Best Answer

You can do this using Reordering rules for the subProducts. Here's a link that explains how to configure Reordering Rules (aka Minimum Stock Rules)

How to choose between minimum stock rule and make to order

Discard