3 Answers

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 5 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
15/1/16, 10:58

These arguments and discussions are as old as ERP systems exist, I myself know them since almost 30 years :-)

It is and remains a trade-off. If you are only talking about consumables (no stock keeping), then you can think about "aggregated" products such as "misc small office supplies" and change the product description from case to case.

But be aware of being to generous with the creation of such products, you will very soon end up with tons of such products, because people are too lazy to properly manage products.

Khaled Bayoumy
7/12/18, 11:19

In the Accounting module when creating an invoice or bill the product choice is not mandatory ,it is mandatory in the sales and purchase modules only.

you can create an invoice or a vendor bill using the line description only without creating a product.

I hope this help in solving your problem.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now