ช่วยเหลือ

0

Updating Email Template

Avatar
Eric Belcher

Odoo 10 Community Version

My problem started when I tried to make a forum post that was being followed. The post failed due to a notification email body problem. I had a look at the email template " Notification Email" and the tail of the XML seems to be corrupted.

I thought okay, I'll just copy an original and one I know that works and paste it. However, while the update gets saved to the database in the email.templates table, the display in Odoo is not updated and the main sending email problem remains.

I've tried deleting the record entirely and it disappears from the email templates list. I put in back into the database and low and behold the old faulty XML code is there. Even if I remove the body.html field value, it still shows the faulty XML code.

It's like it's being overwritten from somewhere else. I only have one language, so there are no translations. I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't change/repair this Notification email template!

I've restarted Odoo, all to no avail. Can anyone please give me some pointers on what is going on. I thought it might have been a debranding Addon causing it, but I've removed this and the problem still exists.

The log simply shows the following when I edit the template.

2017-08-13 10:55:17,446 24991 INFO nightingalefx werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [13/Aug/2017 10:55:17] "POST /web/dataset/call_kw/mail.template/write HTTP/1.0" 200 -
2017-08-13 10:55:17,584 24991 INFO nightingalefx werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [13/Aug/2017 10:55:17] "POST /web/dataset/call_kw/mail.template/search_read HTTP/1.0" 200 -
2017-08-13 10:55:17,922 24991 INFO nightingalefx werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [13/Aug/2017 10:55:17] "POST /web/dataset/search_read HTTP/1.0" 200 -
2017-08-13 10:55:17,968 24991 INFO nightingalefx werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [13/Aug/2017 10:55:17] "POST /web/menu/load_needaction HTTP/1.0" 200 -

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, this not working affects all kinds of things!

Thanks

Eric.

Avatar
Discard
1 Answer
0
Avatar
Eric Belcher
Best Answer

I have my own answer. While I didn't think I had translation loaded, (and I don't), I found in the ir.translations table the faulty email body code. I simply deleted this record and I was able to update/repair the template and all is working again. I don't understand why the translation table is there and is being used. I certainly don't have the option of editing the translations as the button response is 'no translations are being used'. So, that's just my lack of knowledge of Odoo which is a whhole other story.

So, it's a trick for young players and I'm noting it in my Odoo quirks file for next time. Hope this helps someone else at some point.

Avatar
Discard