How to hack Odoo SaaS to fit specific business needs
4. Case : The insurance experts company
1. Customizing Odoo How to hack Odoo SaaS to fit specific business needs Sébastien Versailles Odoo Quickstart Team
13. ● When an issue is assigned, send a mail ● When an issue has been in the same column for 1 week, send a mail ● Add a constraint : « If it's not in Unassigned, there must be an expert assigned. » Demo – Automation
12. ● Display a page with the list of companies we work with ● Create a list of issues with a link to the details of this issue ( if enough time ) – Pass the Issue id as a GET parameter – Use request.params.get('issue_id', False) Demo – Website
11. ● x_issue_id on the invoice – Display the date, broker, insured (new line of blocks in the header ) ● Create a new report : Sinister summary – Title : name – Blocks : date, broker, insured – Table : worklogs Demo – Reports
7. ... ... Configuration ● How far can we get without customization ? ● Modules : = Demo & Offer Business needs Case : The insurance experts company
3. ● In an out-of-the-box implementation project, the key success factor is: ● Every salesperson should ask the question : ● Solve those points with Odoo out-of-the box – Customization might be needed – Most pain points don't require development ● Don't spend anyone's resources developing low-value- added features Key success factor What are your day-to-day problems? Focus on the pain points
10. ● x_broker , x_insured , x_insurance_company ● Menu items ● x_broker_id , x_insured_id, x_date ● x_broker_issue_ids , x_insured_issue_ids, x_company_issue_ids + attrs ● Search view : add assisted search on broker for issues ● Add group by on broker for issues ● Add filter « broker » on the partners Demo – View customization
2. ● Objective : – Show how Odoo SaaS can be customized to fit specific business needs ● Audience : – Integrators who are too prompt to look at an implementation as a development project – Business owners who think their business is so specific that an out-of-the-box solution cannot help them Objective & Audience
14. Conclusion Conclusion And the icing on the cake : You can import all of this on the SaaS ! – Import models, fields, views, access rights, menus, actions, web pages, images, CSS, JS, .. – Only restriction : You cannot import python files. – Ideal to ● « reuse » customization ● test your customization in a QA environment – Upon migration, – When upgrading your customization – Demo : insurance_experts.zip ● https://github.com/sve-odoo/uploadable_modules/blob/master/insurance_experts/ Static customization Configuration Demo & Offer Business needs
8. ... ... Configuration ● Configuration – Install « Issue tracker » ● Customizable Kanban view ● « Responsible » field => Expert ● « Customer » field => Customer ● One project per company ● Aliases working out-of-the box – Install « Contracts » ● Time tracking ● Timesheet-based invoicing ● How far can we get without customization? – Pretty far! Demo & Offer Business needs Case : The insurance experts company
15. Conclusion ● With great power comes great responsibility – It's easy and quick – The sky is the limit – But keep in mind that, even if you do everything well, ● The less you customize, the lower the migration risk ● The more you customize, the higher the maintenance costs ● Customization is very effective to convince customers ● But in the end, you can avoid it in a lot of cases ● Always make sure that the demand is based on a real business need, not on a whim Static customization Configuration Demo & Offer Business needs Conclusion
5. Receive mission Assign expert Follow-up Invoice the company o The insurance company sends a mission o Keep track of the request o Lots of attached files o Manage a list of experts o Keep track of which expert is assigned to which task o Dashboard of the progress of each task o Detailed documentation of work done o Invoicing the work done based on timesheets Need to be linked to the CRM at each step of the process Insurance companies List of experts All stakeholders Insurance company ... ... ... ... Business needs Case : The insurance experts company
- 784 Total Views
- 321 Website Views
- 463 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 1 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 www.odoo.com
- 1 www.google.bg
- 2 onlinesync.odoo.com
Keynote: Odoo 9 New Features40837 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- The rationales behind it11335 Views .
Odoo Mobile Development Framework & App build with it10567 Views .
Open Source Licenses9010 Views .
Shipper integration - UPS, DHL, FedEx7435 Views .
How A/B testing can help you optimize your website7357 Views .
UX best practices to create your module6004 Views .
Keynote: Odoo Strategy 20155839 Views .
How to use Odoo in a Restaurant5484 Views .
Odoo 9: New Business Model5344 Views .
Import and export data - Tips & Tricks5109 Views .
Odoo cms Performance Comparison and Optimisation4612 Views .
Contributing to the Odoo Community Association (OCA)4308 Views .
First steps in Odoo dev3825 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- Usability Methodology3769 Views .
VOIP: One-click Button to Automate Calls3646 Views .
Advanced Features of the API3612 Views .
Advanced barcodes management3559 Views .
New Odoo Apps store: How to use it3550 Views .