10. Use Cases 4
3. What is a Quickstart Implementation 1
6. Benefits of a Quickstart Methodology 2
8. Quickstart vs. Big Bang 3
14. Thank you. #odooexperience EXPERIENCE 2016
5. — Richard Branson “Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to make something simple.”
1. How to avoid big bang approach? And the benefit of a quickstart methodology Bastien FOERSTER • Business Advisor, Direct Sales BE EXPERIENCE 2016
2. What is a Quickstart Implementation 1 Benefits of a Quickstart Implementation Quickstart vs. the Big Bang Approach Use Cases 2 3 4
11. Use Case 1 ● British company, 40 employees Manufacturing of bespoke printed textiles (tablecover, wall-hangings,...) ● 1 demo done (January) ~2 hours (low CAC) ● 1 week after, they started their project Initial Scope: CRM - SALES- INVOICING 6 users
13. Use Case 2 ● French company, 60 employees Consulting services ● Followed the standard process. We started with timesheet, invoicing and recruitment ● Implementation time: 3 months Implementation cost: 2k€ (for training) → Odoo “out-of-the box” can address complex needs!
4. Quickstart Implementation ● Phased adoption: start small (1-2 apps) & expand later ● Always try to find a work-around to avoid customization ● If customization is needed, do it after the standard implementation ● Adapt your business processes to your Odoo applications ● Focus on the integration , not on vertical features ● Train the trainer : one POC/phase
7. Quickstart Methodology: Benefits ● Reduce the initial investment & the initial scope → Bottom-up approach → Shorter decision cycle Example: One app free ● Customer will learn & gain experience from first phases → They will become more autonomous for next phases → They learn how to adapt to the system & drop customization requests → Spend less time developing → PM can manage more project (subscription business model) ● Lower the initial expectation → deliver on time and within budget ● More time to learn → smoother user onboarding ● Easier to implement across multiple sites
12. Use Case 1 ● British company, 40 employees Manufacturing of bespoke printed textiles (tablecover, wall-hangings,...) Apps & users Time to implement Contract value (/month) Start Date January 2016 CRM SALES INVOICING 6 users 10 hours 160€ February 2016 PROJECT +4 users 2 hours 260€ March 2016 INVENTORY 3 hours 290€ April 2016 EXPENSES ACCOUNTING ECOMMERCE 5 hours 350€
9. Quick-Start ● Shorter decision cycle ● Increase the #project/consultant ● Deliver on time & within budget ● Smoother user onboarding ● Multiple site implementation ● First phases are complex: partial implementation, links with legacy system ● Risk of churn is high during first phases ● Project duration, scope and budget are less clear Big Bang ● Clear implementation planning ● Shorter implementation time for complete system ● Don’t need to work with 2 systems ● Big risk of technical problem ● Less flexibility → more complex to manage a change request ● Less time to train user, brutal implementation Quickstart vs. Big Bang
- 123 Total Views
- 0 Website Views
- 123 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 6 onlinesync.odoo.com
Keynote: Odoo 9 New Features40129 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- The rationales behind it11172 Views .
Open Source Licenses8359 Views .
Shipper integration - UPS, DHL, FedEx7179 Views .
UX best practices to create your module5805 Views .
Keynote: Odoo Strategy 20155621 Views .
How to use Odoo in a Restaurant5349 Views .
Odoo 9: New Business Model5201 Views .
How A/B testing can help you optimize your website4406 Views .
Odoo cms Performance Comparison and Optimisation4250 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- Usability Methodology3678 Views .
First steps in Odoo dev3497 Views .
New Odoo Apps store: How to use it3454 Views .
Advanced barcodes management3331 Views .
Advanced Features of the API3320 Views .
Contributing to the Odoo Community Association (OCA)3258 Views .
How to use Odoo in the textile industry3095 Views .
How to use Odoo in a service company3092 Views .