2 Answers

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 7 6 9
Walchwil, Suíça
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
09/05/19 00:25

BOM is the proper way to go. Unpacking is an operation, likewise is opening a bottle when selling wine by the glass also an operation.

cheg
12/05/19 11:03

Hello Ermin,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for my delayed response.

As I understand better the concept of an Operation (such as Unpacking) and the reasoning behind using a Bill Of Material, I still wonder about its efficiency. Allow me to clarify:

There already is a feature of putting & selling Products in Packs (Inventory>Delivery Package), you can assign product Variant, package quantity, price and bar-code.

Why wouldn't there be a similar option to Purchase in Packs (Inventory/Purchase > Purchase Package) with basically the same attributes.

The above not require the use of Manufacturing Module and can still be considered an operation from Odoo perspective.

What are your thoughts?

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now