--Qutechs, Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Qutechs, Ahmed M.Elmubarak
03/05/16 01:50

Hello,

You can also have an eye on this question it may helps

3 Comments
Logicious
03/05/16 01:59

@ahmed : i already seen this sh script , i don't want use script because i doesn't have experience with scripting .

Qutechs, Qutechs, Ahmed M.Elmubarak
03/05/16 02:14

You don't need to use the all script. E.g you can use: pg_dump -E UTF-8 -p 5433 -F p -b -f $filename $db to execute the dumping ... $filename is where you will put the dump and $db is your database name ...

Logicious
03/05/16 02:46

@ahmed :- Thank you i will try...

Krupesh Laiya
06/05/16 04:58

Hi

pg_dump dbname | gzip > filename.gz

Reload with

createdb dbname

gunzip -c filename.gz | psql dbname

or you can refer link: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/backup.html

Olalekan Babawale
06/05/16 05:41

Hi,

A. To backup your database

1. switch to postgres user

sudo su - postgres

2. backup with the ff command;

pg_dump db_name > db_backup.sql

[note db_name is the name of the database you want to backup; db_backup.sqlis the name you want to give your backup. Whatever name you want to give to your backup, end it with the .sql extension]

3. To get the location of your backup, run this command from the terminal

find / -name db_backup.sql

B.

1. If your database is on a remote computer, connect to it using WinSCP;  supply your username and password

2. browse to the directory where your backup is saved as gotten in step 3 of A above

3. you can then copy the sql file to your desired location or download to a location on your local computer in case it is on         a remote computer.

I hope this helps a lot.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now