--Omal Bastin--

Swiming deep into openERP/ODOO

Omal Bastin
28-05-13 08:08

you can use the following example

<record id="original_module.menu_id" model="ir.ui.menu">
    <field name="groups_id" eval="[(3,ref('my_new_group_id'))]"/>
</record>

There are actually0-6 numbers for representing each job for a many2many/ one2many field

• (0, 0, { values }) -- link to a new record that needs to be created with the given values dictionary
  • (1, ID, { values }) -- update the linked record with id = ID (write values on it)
  • (2, ID) -- remove and delete the linked record with id = ID (calls unlink on ID, that will delete the object completely, and the link to it as well)
  • (3, ID) -- cut the link to the linked record with id = ID (delete the relationship between the two objects but does not delete the target object itself)
  • (4, ID) -- link to existing record with id = ID (adds a relationship)
  • (5) -- unlink all (like using (3,ID) for all linked records)
  • (6, 0, [IDs]) -- replace the list of linked IDs (like using (5) then (4,ID) for each ID in the list of IDs)
7 Comments
Alexander
28-05-13 09:17

Thanks, it's works fine for me. May be you can explain what mean '4' and '3' numbers?

Omal Bastin
29-05-13 03:57

I have updated my answer. please check it as correct answer, if you feel its correct. Thank you

Alexander
29-05-13 04:47

Thank you for your help. Where did you find this information?

Omal Bastin
03-06-13 05:10

I havent find any online documents. i found this in the orm file openerp addons

ARRIOUACH Mohamed
07-11-14 09:38

good work Omal. thanks! that help me a lot.

Pascal Tremblay
13-01-15 08:14

THANKS!

Vardan
22-01-16 05:51

For existing groups i can hide menu but for new group (group i created), i am unable to hide menu.

Omi Harjani
17-11-16 23:34
<record id="base.menu_base_partner" model="ir.ui.menu">    <field name="groups_id" eval="[(5,ref('base.group_hidden'))]"/></record><record id="account.menu_finance" model="ir.ui.menu">    <field name="groups_id" eval="[(5,ref('base.group_hidden'))]"/></record>	<menuitem icon="terp-account" id="account.menu_finance" name="Accounting" sequence="14" action="account.open_board_account" groups="base.group_hidden"/>			<menuitem icon="terp-partner"			            id="base.menu_base_partner" name="Sales"			            sequence="1" groups="base.group_hidden"/>	<menuitem id="sales_branch.menu_branch_sale_quotation" name="Sales" groups="base.group_sales_manager"/>
bernscheinder
29-07-14 03:29

Hi,

I've tried this example:

<record id="view_picking_out_form_stoking" model="ir.ui.view">
            <field name="name">stock.picking.form.stocking</field>
            <field name="model">stock.picking</field>
            <field name="inherit_id" ref="stock.view_picking_out_form"/>
            <field name="groups_id" eval="[(6,0,[ref('stoking.res_groups_fournisseur')])]"/>
            <field name="type">form</field>
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <xpath expr="/form[@string='Delivery Orders']/group/group/field[@name='date']" position="attributes">
                    <attribute name="attrs">{'readonly':[('state','not in',['cancel'])]}</attribute>
                </xpath>
                <xpath expr="/form[@string='Delivery Orders']/group/group/field[@name='min_date']" position="attributes">
                       <attribute name="attrs">{'readonly':[('state','not in',['cancel'])]}</attribute>
                </xpath>  
                <xpath expr="/form[@string='Delivery Orders']/group/group/field[@name='address_id']" position="attributes">
                </xpath>
                <xpath expr="/form[@string='Delivery Orders']/notebook/page[@string='Notes']/field[@name='note']" position="attributes">
                </xpath>   
            </field>
       </record>

But all groups is in read only. My goal is that "res_groups_fournisseur" only is in readolny in these fields.

wilson zauma
13-03-14 17:11

i like to hide a menu for one group specifity, but when i apply delete this remove all menu for all users, but i want to hide for one groups. explain: i inherit a groups to user from warehouse, but this specifity users i dont want to show menu stock out.

for example i create a new groups users. i define in MY_module_folder/security/my_security.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
 <data noupdate="0">
    <record id="group_stock_manager_moseltex" model="res.groups">
        <field name="name">Almacen_mosel Encargado</field>
       <field name="implied_ids" eval="[(4, ref('stock.group_stock_manager'))]"/>
    </record>
    <record id="group_stock_user_moseltex" model="res.groups">
        <field name="name">Almacen_mosel usuario</field>
        <field name="category_id" ref="base.module_category_warehouse_management"/>
        <field name="implied_ids" eval="[(4, ref('stock.group_stock_user'))]"/>
    </record>
 </data>
</openerp>

but i want to hide a menu stock out (this code put inside the my_security.xml).

<record model="ir.ui.menu" id="menu_action_picking_tree">
 <field name="groups_id"  eval="[ref('group_stock_manager_moseltex')]" />

but this is dont work.

i try to use this code, i think that this hide the menu for the users but this is no work.

<field name="groups_id" eval="[(3, ref('group_stock_users_moseltex'))]"/>
Alcaline
21-10-14 09:51

hi

I want to hide my menu in Human Resources? I used that groups but it didn't work? can anyone please help me how to solve this problem thanks in advance..

Here is my code:

<menuitem name="Human Resources"
            id="menu_hr_root"
            groups="base.group_hr_manager,base.group_hr_user,base.group_user"
            sequence="90"/>
        <menuitem id="menu_hr_main" parent="menu_hr_root" name="Human Resources" sequence="0"/>
        <menuitem id="menu_hr_configuration" name="Configuration" parent="hr.menu_hr_root" groups="base.group_hr_manager" sequence="50"/>

Stel een vraag
Writer
Labels
Keep Informed
8 volger(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now