Technical Content Writer - San Francisco
Odoo ERP system is enterprise resource planning software used company-wide for the management of business processes. Odoo provides seamlessly integrated functional business apps called Odoo apps that form an ERP solution. Our unique proposition of integrated apps that work seamlessly together allows users to automate and track everything they do. The open-source development model of Odoo has allowed us to leverage thousands of developers and business experts to build the world's largest ecosystem of fully integrated business apps.
Odoo has become a global network with more than 8 million users, and partners in more than 120 countries, and we continue growing with 1500 daily downloads. We are growing fast and need to hire faster.
Users of the Product
60% Year over year
We are currently searching for a highly motivated candidate to
join our Marketing Team in San Francisco!
What we expect
This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in San Francisco, CA.
As a Technical Content Writer, you will be responsible for developing in-depth, accurate, and consumable technical content across Odoo’s content marketing pipelines, which include: Technical Documentation, Product Tours, eLearning, Microcontent, and Whitepapers. All of these pipelines, together, educate customers and partners, worldwide, on how to use Odoo’s integrated suite of business applications.
The emphasis for this role is technical. Only writers who possess the technical aptitude and can communicate complex technical information will be considered since a majority of the role depends on the writer’s ability to understand our customers’ environments and the value that Odoo products provide.
Technical writers at Odoo will learn all of the ins and outs of the software and are expected to become product experts for their given business scope. Writers learn and become proficient in pushing/pulling documentation markup on GitHub, write scripts for large audiences across eLearning and product tour pipelines, and work hand-in-hand with other writers, team leads, content producers, and motion designers to bring their work to life.
The position is a full-time hybrid role based out of our San Francisco Office, with 3 days in the office, and 2 days remote.
- Work cross-functionally with the R&D, product, technical, and content marketing staff to stay up-to-date on the latest Odoo features and capabilities. Ensure that that knowledge is being accurately provided to customers across Odoo’s various communication channels, including technical documentation, website product pages, video tutorials, and more
- Review the content, adopt best practices from Odoo’s marketing team in Belgium, and adapt for US audiences
- Write quality long-form technical guides, whitepapers, eLearning scripts, and product tour videos. Write scripts for short video tutorials to educate new users and demonstrate business flows
- Independently author technical support and documentation articles, and revise content that’s been written by multiple contributors over different versions
- Read and write in RST markup and submit new/revised documentation content using Git. Perform content and technical reviews using GitHub
- Manage projects independently using Odoo Project, and follow yearly content calendar while adhering to team/brand content guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience in Writing, Communications, or Computer Science
Portfolio of writing samples for review
- You value precision of language and technical expertise
- You can quickly scan an article and rewrite it in your own words
- You love the art and craft of writing and have some examples to prove it
- You are able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a hands-on attitude
- You are open-minded and can react to change with agility
- You have an intrapreneur mindset and are not afraid to take appropriate initiatives
- You are a quick and autonomous learner
- You have a passion for technology and/or software
- You are approachable, honest, and a fun team player
- Flexibility to take on projects that adapt to changing needs
Nice to Have
Proficiency in multiple languages
Experience with ERP or in a SaaS company
Experience writing technical documentation
Experience with Git/Github or a computer terminal (or eagerness to learn)
What's great in the job?
- Great team of very smart people, in a friendly and open culture.
- No silly tools to use, no rigid working hours.
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy.
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries.
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company.
What we offer.
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, HSA Matching, 401K Matching, and Commuter Benefits
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1-hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- $100 towards a work-from-home office setup
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate, growing team!
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
The salary range for this role is $70,000-$85,000. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location.
Compensation & Perks
A full-time position
with an attractive salary package
Afterwork events, several team building activities
12 days trainings a year and books for career development
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered
Eat & Drink
Chef prepared lunches daily, Fruits, Snacks, and Coffee provided
Be part of our team!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.