Full Stack Engineer (Upgrade Services) - Buffalo, NY
Odoo ERP system is enterprise resource planning software used company-wide for the management of business processes. Odoo provides seamlessly integrated functional business apps called Odoo apps that form an ERP solution. Our unique proposition of integrated apps that work seamlessly together allows users to automate and track everything they do. The open-source development model of Odoo has allowed us to leverage thousands of developers and business experts to build the world's largest ecosystem of fully integrated business apps.
Odoo has become a global network with more than 8 million users, and partners in more than 120 countries, and we continue growing with 1500 daily downloads. We are growing fast and need to hire faster.
What we expect.
This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in Buffalo, NY.Are you someone who likes perfection or getting close to it? Are you someone who likes fixing problems? Are you someone that double-checks all locked doors when you’re in a scary cabin in the woods? If you say yes to these, we have a job for you!
Odoo is seeking to expand its vibrant and innovative Engineering team significantly. Apply to work within an organization that values independence, flexibility, and personal growth.
The Engineering team is responsible for reviewing, writing, and testing code within implementations of customized client deployment and helping customers streamline their business with Odoo.
Upgrade Engineers will be the go-to person to fix the existing code and maintain and migrate to new versions of Odoo. You will modify specific deployments of Odoo's applications based on our clients' requirements. Your work will ensure customer satisfaction and retention for an ever-growing company.
We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit.
- Maintain operation state of the client solutions as part of a cross-functional team consisting of business advisors, other developers, and customer
- Migrate client solutions to future releases of Odoo and guarantee persistent solutions delivered to the customers at the initial development
- Have ownership of the assigned Migration Project/Issues and deliver quality solutions on-time
- Design/develop an effective and scalable integrated solution within Odoo or third-party application integration
- Troubleshoot, debug, fix, and upgrade software and ensure client software solution works robustly in the field
- Adhere to and promote best software programming practices such as coding standards, code and design reviews, and test coverage
- Provide the support to maintain these specific solutions
- Implement specific modification requests throughout our various apps
- Support any migration and software refresh activities such as moving databases on a cloud platform, troubleshooting the pre and post-migration and, communicating with stakeholders on the same, coordinating with related teams to get the job done efficiently
- Frontend: Functional knowledge of HTML and SASS/ LESS/CSS
- 1+ year experience working with any Object-Oriented programming language: Python preferred
- Familiarity with database architecture and design concepts (UML/ERD/RDBMS)
- Ability to debug and optimize existing tailored solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with other members of the team and with external business partners & customers
Nice to Have
- Professional technical communication and writing ability
- English fluency
- Able to work in a rapidly evolving field
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Unix/Linux platform
- Additional optional languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese
What's great in the job?
- Great team of very smart people in a friendly and open culture.
- No silly tools to use, no rigid working hours.
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy.
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries.
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company.
What we offer.
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, 401K Matching, and Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1-hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Free books for professional development
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate, growing team!
- Snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
Compensation & Perks
A full-time position
with an attractive salary package
Afterwork events, several team building activities
12 days trainings a year and books for career development
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered
Eat & Drink
Chef prepared lunches daily, Fruits, Snacks, and Coffee provided