Content and Technical Writer - San Francisco
Odoo ERP system is enterprise resource planning software used company-wide for the management of business processes. Odoo provides seamlessly integrated functional business apps called Odoo apps that form an ERP solution. Our unique proposition of integrated apps that work seamlessly together allows users to automate and track everything they do. The open-source development model of Odoo has allowed us to leverage thousands of developers and business experts to build the world's largest ecosystem of fully integrated business apps.
Odoo has become a global network with more than 8 million users, and partners in more than 120 countries, and we continue growing with 1500 daily downloads. We are growing fast and need to hire faster.
Users of the Product
60% Year over year
We are currently searching for a highly motivated candidate to
join our Marketing Team in San Francisco!
What we expect
This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in San Francisco, CA.
As a Content and Technical Writer, you are responsible for developing consumable, accurate, and timely documentation from which Odoo’s prospects and customers derive real value. Writers should possess the technical aptitude to understand our customer's environments and the value that Odoo’s products provide.
You'll also learn all the ins and outs of Odoo and become a product expert; any past technical experiences will be helpful here. You will be able to thrive in this full-time role from our San Francisco Office. No relocation or travel compensation for interviews is offered at this time.
Work cross functionally with the product team to ensure accurate information is being provided on Odoo’s website, including troubleshooting tips, FAQs, integrations, release notes, and cross-product video tutorials
Review content from Odoo’s marketing team in Belgium and adapt it for US audiences
Develop a basic understanding of SEO and what drives page traffic
- Write quality blog posts, guest posts, long-form guides, and more
Independently author technical support articles and edit content written by multiple contributors
- Write scripts for short video tutorials to educate new users and demonstrate business flows
- Bachelor's degree or higher, marketing or business degree preferred
You love writing and have some examples to prove it
Passion for modern design and innovative tech
- You can quickly scan an article and rewrite it in your own words
- You know the power of a strong headline, and take the time to create and recommend great headlines for Odoo's content
- You are open-minded and can react to change with agility
- You have an intrapreneur mindset and are not afraid to take appropriate initiatives
- You are a quick and autonomous learner
- You have a passion for software
- You are approachable, honest, and a fun team player
- Flexibility to take on projects that adapt to changing needs and strategies
- Passion for modern design and innovative tech
Nice to Have
Proficiency in multiple languages
Experience with ERP or in a SaaS company
- SEO Experience
- A/V experience
- Available immediately
What's great in the job?
- Great team of very smart people, in a friendly and open culture.
- No silly tools to use, no rigid working hours.
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy.
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries.
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company.
What we offer.
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, 401K Matching, and Commuter Benefits
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1-hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- $100 towards a work-from-home office setup + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands, etc., as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property, whereas the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Free books for professional development
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate, growing team!
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
The salary range for this role is $70,000-$85,000. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location.
Compensation & Perks
A full-time position
with an attractive salary package
Afterwork events, several team building activities
12 days trainings a year and books for career development
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered
Eat & Drink
Chef prepared lunches daily, Fruits, Snacks, and Coffee provided
Be part of our team!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.