Help

how many product variants are allowed to be created with one product?

Vijai

Is there a limit to how many variants a product can have in V13?

アバター
破棄
4 回答
Ekapon U.
Best Answer

I think the question is about how many product variants are allowed to be created with one product.

I found the system alerted me when I tried to put a lot of product attribute values (80 for first attribute, 2 for second, and 6 for third = 80x2x6 variants (it's very special product). The system alerted it's too much and it cannot create, then I solved that by remove the 2 of second attribute and the system is Ok.

So, I think it would be good to know the limitation of the system the maximum product variants for each main product because we may need to think about this in some special case.

アバター
破棄
Dave LOWPER
Best Answer

In odoo 13, the limit is hardcoded to 1000 variants per template.

See addons > product > models > product_template.py (line 608)

if len(current_variants_to_create) > 1000:
                            raise UserError(_(
                                'The number of variants to generate is too high. '
                                'You should either not generate variants for each combination or generate them on demand from the sales order. '
                                'To do so, open the form view of attributes and change the mode of *Create Variants*.'))
                variants_to_create += current_variants_to_create
                variants_to_activate += current_variants_to_activate

アバター
破棄
Best Answer

Hello Vijai,

We cannot limit the number of Variants in Odoo by default.

However, in Odoo 13 there are three options in product attributes that are:

1) Instantly: The variants are created as soon as the attributes and its values are added.

2) Dynamically: The variants are created when its combination is selected in any sale order.

3) Never: The variants are never created.  

Hence, to limit the variant I would suggest you to use the attribute types Dynamically or never

I hope this will help you!

Regards

--

Webkul
Anisha Bahukhandi
Technical Content Writer (ODOO)

Webkul Software Pvt. Ltd. Contact : India (+91)-9870284067 USA (+1)-9143531684  
Address H-28, ARV Park, Sector 63 ,
Noida-201301 (U.P.) 
India (Branch Office)

Facebook - Webkul  Twitter - Webkul  Youtube - Webkul Ticket Support - Webkul
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, copy, distribute, or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system.

アバター
破棄

Hi,

You can create the variant of a product according to the attributes that you have given to that product

For example

If you have two attributes such as color and size, color have 3 items(black,white,red) and size have 4 items(2,4,6,8) then the number of variants of this product will be 12.

Regards

アバター
破棄