Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--

| 8 8 9
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
20/03/13, 05:20

If you want to attach more than one purchase order you have to use a field of type many2many or one2many.

The difference is:

• If you use many2many then every purchase order can be assigned more than once in the field merged_porder_id. A separate relation table is used in the background.
  • If you use one2many then every purchase order can only be assigned to one field merged_porder_id. In this case you also have to create a many2one field in the purchase order for the relation to the model of field merged_porder_id.
5 Comments
xiaolong97427
20/03/13, 05:45

Thank you for your comment, makes more clear the way the design the relation. Therefore I added a one2many: 'sourceOfMerged' : fields.many2one('purchase.order', 'purchase_id'). Trying to display it with <field name="syongOne2Many"> <tree string="Notes" editable="bottom"> <field name="name"/> </tree> </field>, I have an error : ProgrammingError: operator does not exist: character varying = integer LINE 1: ...M "purchase_order" WHERE ("purchase_order"."name" in (16)) O...

xiaolong97427
20/03/13, 05:46

Full error message: ProgrammingError: operator does not exist: character varying = integer LINE 1: ...M "purchase_order" WHERE ("purchase_order"."name" in (16)) O... ^ HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.

Andreas Brueckl
20/03/13, 05:50

in model purchase.order you need a many2one field and in your new model needs a one2many field

xiaolong97427
20/03/13, 07:53

I created both field: one2many and many2one on PurchaseOrder. Andreas you mean I should create another object for instance: MergedFrom, and this object would contains the one2many field ?

Andreas Brueckl
20/03/13, 07:55

See have the relation between purchase.order and purchase.order.line is handled here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk/view/head:/purchase/purchase.py

subbarao

--subbarao--

| 5 2 8
Chennai, India
--subbarao--

subbarao
25/10/18, 05:17

Many2many field better for this.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
0 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now