Technical mailing list archives
Re: Working with Product Setby
Hi, I have played around,1) If I set product's BOM as Kit, when SO create DO, product will split in DO. This is not what we want.2) If I set product's BOM as Manufacturer, when SO create DO will be in product set, but MO is created and we need to go through MO process to create new product set.I think the question is are there anything that make it easy enough like (2) but no need to create MO.On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:28 AM Kitti Upariphutthiphong <email@example.com> wrote:Thank you for your response Fraser.Yes, we have been using product_bundle_pack. But the problem is on DO screen, user will still have to operate in detailed products. When there is partial shipment and/or different product set is using same detail product, it make their head spin. It is far too difficult to operate.I also agree with your proposal about using BOM kit, it is back to basic. The question now is whether it is easy enough to operate.I will test some more, and be discussing.Many thanks Fraser.On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 10:46 PM Fraser Drysdale <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Doesn’t a simple Product Bill of Materials of Type “Kit” already accomplish the same thing? We do this all the time, with the kit on sale order lines, but individual products procured, manufactured, packaged, and shipped automatically.
Interstyle Ceramic & Glass
Maybe this addon does what you require?
On 28. May 2019, at 09:20, Kitti Upariphutthiphong <email@example.com> wrote:
We would like to check whether there is anyway to accommodate the following use case, which is,
--> For user to work on Product Set in all documents SO, DO, INV but real stock.move happen in product details.
· [Product Set - AAA] consist of [Product A - 2 pieces, Product Z - 20 pieces]
· [Product Set - BBB] consist of [Product B - 4 pieces, Product Z - 10 pieces]
The Use Case would be
· In SO, user select set AAA = 2 and set BBB = 10 --> Print out form should show only in sets (detailed not required)
· In DO, user can select to delivery in set, AAA = 2 set, BBB = 5 set --> ** But stock move in details (not in set), DO slip if possible, can show both set and detail.
· In INV, bill customer in set, AAA = 2 set, BBB = 5 set --> Print out form in sets
So far, I would see addons that split the set into detail since SO, and so it does not answer the ease of use for user.