Odoo Help

2 Semua Jawaban
John Risby United Kingdom
28/11/17 12.47

Sorry for wanting to explain my question in detail. I did that so I didn't have to write 5 replies to clarify it. The instructions on how to post say 

• Provide enough details and, if possible, give an example

It also says not to say Hi, but sorry, that's not how I write. This is a forum, not an IRC channel. How putting Hi at the start or Thanks at the end is a problem, God only knows. 

When I moved back to Odoo from another system, with a very friendly community, I was assured it was very friendly here too... I didn't expect to have my head bitten off for asking a question...

Anyway, back to the question.

Perhaps it's me, but I can't find a solution to my situation in the document that was suggested. If anyone can help that'd be great.

The link to the UoM docs doesn't mention product variants on the website. That is the key bit that I cannot get working.

If I duplicate products as mentioned in the wine pdf, they are duplicated - so I end up with 4 products on the web site.

If, instead, I simply add attributes for the quantity, Odoo creates the product variants as I'd expect, and one product shows up on the web site as I want (with a drop down select box for the quantity). 

But I can't find out how to tell Odoo that one variant is selling 1 bottle, one is selling 6 etc.

If I try to edit any of the individual variants settings (UoM or Product Type), it changes all the variants.

Apologies if I have missed something in that document but I can't find where it explains this.

Thanks

2 Komentar
twanda AG, Ermin Trevisan Switzerland
29/11/17 01.22

The strict forum rules are necessary not because wanting to be unfriendly, but because it is not possible to give more than one answer. It is not a discussion forum, therefore conciseness is really needed.

John Risby United Kingdom
29/11/17 01.26

Ok, well that's a shame. What's the logic in this? The url has /forum/ in it. Is there another active site where it's possible to ask questions and get more than one answer? It doesn't seem a very good way to engage people in the community. Thanks for giving me the karma to reply (I presume it was you Ermin).

Ermin Trevisan Switzerland

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 8 7 10
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan Switzerland
27/11/17 21.07

Please do write less text and try to be concise in your thoughts.

1. As far as your description is understandable, your stockkeeping unit will never be a case, but a bottle.

2. Your example seems to exactly match the Odoo documentation: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/inventory/settings/products/uom.html

3. You don't need BoMs because you do not have convert between different measure types (such as bottles (=units) and glass (= volume)).

Mengajukan pertanyaan
Writer
Keep Informed
1 Follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now