Community: Inventory and MRP mailing list archives
Re: How to force the manufacturing order to wait stock moves between the company warehouses?by
When a manufacturing order is generated, you can directly start the manufacturing process and Odoo will pick the raw materials from its warehouse (without waiting any warehouse issue order), then it puts the manufactured products to its warehouse (also without waiting the internal transfer from the “production warehouse” to the “manufactured products warehouse”.
This is not what we want in real life…
Suppose this real scenario, you have a manufacturing company with a warehouse split to these warehouses:
- RMWH for the raw material warehouse
- ENDPWH for the manufactured products warehouse (End products)
- MNFWH for the manufacturing warehouse (real warehouse to control its IN/OUT moves)
Rather than the virtual warehouses such as “the production warehouse”.
The work cycle should be”
- The Manufacturing process should wait an internal move to the raw materials from the “raw materials warehouse” RMWH to the manufacturing warehouse MNFWH before starting the process.
- When all the raw materials available, you can start the manufacturing order.
- Once finished, the warehousemen should do an internal move from the manufacturing warehouse MNFWH to the manufactured products warehouse ENDPWH.
So, how can we force the manufacturing order to wait stock moves between the company warehouses?
--Rami TalatOdoo Cosultant Free LancerIT Project Manager
Post to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org