Community mailing list archives
Re: Fwd: Issue Labeling :: Suggestion :: to Fabien Pinkaers (CEO Odoo)by
Camptocamp SA, Yannick Vaucher
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Alexandre Fayolle <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 03/09/2014 08:09, David Arnold wrote:<blockquote cite="mid:CAOLEt-HEY9BytGAL14_NhqXWj=XBhGoVf5f504G+yjo63ygZ8g@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
thanks! Is thare a OCA project which we could report to be doing an excellent job in issue labeling?
Publically talking about good examples might be always a good idea :-)
On the other hand 10 lables (as currently used in OCA) is probably not within KISS (Keep It Simple and Strategic) principles.
Some loose syntactical mindshare:
- bug -> bug-unconfirmed
- duplicate -> a simpler syntax without structure overhead would be "closed with a human comment and a link"
enhancement -> feature
- help wanted -> this is already at the limits of the "issue nature" - it has a common intersection with "docs-needed" of my suggestion (which is IMO a very useful tag)
- invalid -> closed with a comment, saving on structural overhead
- question -> docs-needed
- needs fixing -> bug-confirmed
- needs review -> I understand this beeing for pull requests only, but doesn't every pull request need a review (details going as comments)?
- work in progress -> I think the assign function would be a better way to say, that someone is doing something about it.
If you ask me to, I can adapt the raw document to make it OCA guidline proposal, so to have mutually compatible best practices (I'm a dreamer ;)
this practices are materialized on the maintainers-tools OCA project. And frankly, we are very happy with the tags we came up with for now. These labels came from our day to day needs. I understand you want to do good. What we need right now is reviews on the "needs review" tagged PR, help on the "help wanted" PR, fixes on the "bug" tagged issues.
If you want to suggest changes in our tagging, please start by using the existing tags, to get a real feel of how things are done. Then, after a while, you may submit an Issue to open discussion.
-- Alexandre Fayolle Chef de Projet Tel : + 33 (0)4 79 26 57 94 Camptocamp France SAS Savoie Technolac, BP 352 73377 Le Bourget du Lac Cedex http://www.camptocamp.com
What might be missing though on OCA are the odoo version tags. We used a lot the targeted serie on launchpad bug reports.
Here is a PR https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/pull/34/files
Business Solutions Software Developer
PSE A, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: +41 21 619 10 30
Office: +41 21 619 10 10