Community mailing list archives
Re: Fwd: Issue Labeling :: Suggestion :: to Fabien Pinkaers (CEO Odoo)by
thanks! Is thare a OCA project which we could report to be doing an excellent job in issue labeling?
Publically talking about good examples might be always a good idea :-)
On the other hand 10 lables (as currently used in OCA) is probably not within KISS (Keep It Simple and Strategic) principles.
Some loose syntactical mindshare:
- bug -> bug-unconfirmed
- duplicate -> a simpler syntax without structure overhead would be "closed with a human comment and a link"
- enhancement -> feature
- help wanted -> this is already at the limits of the "issue nature" - it has a common intersection with "docs-needed" of my suggestion (which is IMO a very useful tag)
- invalid -> closed with a comment, saving on structural overhead
- question -> docs-needed
- needs fixing -> bug-confirmed
- needs review -> I understand this beeing for pull requests only, but doesn't every pull request need a review (details going as comments)?
- work in progress -> I think the assign function would be a better way to say, that someone is doing something about it.
If you ask me to, I can adapt the raw document to make it OCA guidline proposal, so to have mutually compatible best practices (I'm a dreamer ;)