Community mailing list archives
Re: Odoo 11: Services Companiesby
which of those improvements and features will be available in community version? Knowing this would make it easier to contribute!
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Javier Santos <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi Fabien, looks very good!! .I suggest to include a label to define the reasons why the hours are not billable. This is in order to allow better analysis.RegardsJavier Santos--2016-11-15 12:41 GMT-06:00 Fabien Pinckaers <email@example.com>:Hello,As you might know, one of our priorities for Odoo 11 is to make the user interface perfect for services companies.When we have a big task, we used to invite the community for workshops in our offices to discuss the specifications(as we did for inventory, manufacturing and accounting).This task is a little bit small than the other ones, so we will just work by email.Here is a draft specification of what we plan to do:Our goal:
- easier setup & initial discovery for services companies
- easier control, dashboard and auto-reminder for timesheets (control of teams & billing rate is a challenge when you deploy timesheets in new companies)
- project dashboard: billing rates, resource allocation, forecasts vs timesheets, ...
- better KPIs
- fix usability issuesFeel free to comment in the above Google doc:
- Did we forget some critical features?
- Can we improve some usability stuff?
- Is it clear (the spec is still draft and was initially internal; probably not very clear)Thanks,--Fabien