Community mailing list archives
Re: Odoo 11: Services Companiesby
I would love to see a more in depth hourly registration system
- open/close (lock) codes for writing hours.(locked codes dont show up on the list to choose from)
- valid from/to hourly codes to use in timesheets. (you can only write hours on that code from date till another date)
- subcodes for use in projects for example. 9000000 (main project) 90001000 (init fase) 90001020 (init fase - case study) 90002000 (implementation fase) etc etc but still reports under the main project code. (guess a lot like Sap Cats WPS)
- assign employees to just use certain codes.
- when filling timesheet, just show the codes he can use at that moment (authorised for) instead of ALL now.. which is getting very messy
- billable vs non-billable codes2016-11-15 14:21 GMT-05:00 Gonzalo Ruzafa <email@example.com>:Good initiative Fabien. I will ask the team to contribute.Regards!
Hi Fabien and odoo Team,
This is an excellent idea!
For timesheets, we’ve had some customers request the ability to enter timesheets by the days instead of hours, that would be a nice configurable option to have.
IBS North Africa
As you might know, one of our priorities for Odoo 11 is to make the user interface perfect for services companies.
When we have a big task, we used to invite the community for workshops in our offices to discuss the specifications
(as we did for inventory, manufacturing and accounting).
This task is a little bit small than the other ones, so we will just work by email.
Here is a draft specification of what we plan to do:
- easier setup & initial discovery for services companies
- easier control, dashboard and auto-reminder for timesheets (control of teams & billing rate is a challenge when you deploy timesheets in new companies)
- project dashboard: billing rates, resource allocation, forecasts vs timesheets, ...
- better KPIs
- fix usability issues
Feel free to comment in the above Google doc:
- Did we forget some critical features?
- Can we improve some usability stuff?
- Is it clear (the spec is still draft and was initially internal; probably not very clear)