Community mailing list archives
RE: Odoo 11: Services Companiesby
Hi Fabien and odoo Team,
This is an excellent idea!
For timesheets, we’ve had some customers request the ability to enter timesheets by the days instead of hours, that would be a nice configurable option to have.
IBS North Africa
From: Fabien Pinckaers [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: mardi 15 novembre 2016 18:42
To: Community <email@example.com>
Subject: Odoo 11: Services Companies
As you might know, one of our priorities for Odoo 11 is to make the user interface perfect for services companies.
When we have a big task, we used to invite the community for workshops in our offices to discuss the specifications
(as we did for inventory, manufacturing and accounting).
This task is a little bit small than the other ones, so we will just work by email.
Here is a draft specification of what we plan to do:
- easier setup & initial discovery for services companies
- easier control, dashboard and auto-reminder for timesheets (control of teams & billing rate is a challenge when you deploy timesheets in new companies)
- project dashboard: billing rates, resource allocation, forecasts vs timesheets, ...
- better KPIs
- fix usability issues
Feel free to comment in the above Google doc:
- Did we forget some critical features?
- Can we improve some usability stuff?
- Is it clear (the spec is still draft and was initially internal; probably not very clear)