Community mailing list archives
RE: Credit Card Module for version 8 - Like URSA for version 7by
There are several ways of doing this out of the box. Here is one possibility:
- Create a credit card journal. (you should also have a bank journal)
- Manually import credit card statements in this journal. The statements shows each transaction as well as the settlements from the credit card to the bank.
- Reconcile transactions individually in the credit card statement.
- Use a reconciliation model to an Undeposited Funds account in the credit card statement. Do the same in the bank statement. This account should be 0 if everything that leaves the credit card arrives correctly in the bank.
- Use the reconciliation report to understand why the Undeposited Funds account is not 0 at the end of the period.
This is quickly covered in Use Case 8 here: https://youtu.be/oOwUj1MVGKc?t=4h36m54s
Other ways include: using the Undeposited Funds account when registering payments, using Internal Transfers instead of models, using only a bank journal and no credit card journal, using the batch deposit feature for credit card transactions,…
On a different note, you want to handle expenses with reconciliation models (Use Case 6 in the video).
From: John Pia Jr [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:18 PM
To: Community <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Credit Card Module for version 8 - Like URSA for version 7
Is anyone aware of a mod simular to the Credit card Module put out URSA for version 7 (https://apps.openerp.com/apps/7.0/account_payment_cc/)
but for version 8?
if not can someone please provide guidance as to how to best handle credit card payments in version 8.
Thank you and sorry for the spam
John Pia Jr