Community mailing list archives
Re: odoo website searchby
But, I want to implement search for website content or pages. Most cases I will not have webshop for the business. How can I implement such search function?
- There you will find how inmplement a custom "controller"
- That controller should receive a parameter by post./
- That post should have the text.
- Search that text into ir.ui.view (pages) where active = True and type = qweb in the field arch.
- Once in the controller you get the listed results get the field name and create a template which list such elements (by name)
- Create a view with such elements.
- Render the view:
I think Odoo did not have such implementetion done because they are relaying into google to maange such elements, google has an API to list such data into your website:
It is the same just that instead search on the data with api (slow) simply pass the parameters to google and render them properly.
I hope it helps.