Community mailing list archives
Re: Should Odoo keep the old API for v10?by
- What's new in odoo 10.0?
- Any chance of making available Mobile Version and New Design available to Community edition?
- When is 10.0 going to be released?
On Tuesday, May 3, 2016, Fabien Pinckaers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hello,In Odoo 10, all official modules should be ported to the new API.So, we face the choice to remove the old API to clean the code and speed up the software, or keep it to help the community port old modules to v10.If we keep the old API:
- it's easier to port community modules to v10, if they are not ported to the new API yetIf we remove the old API:
- Odoo will run about 10% faster
- Tracebacks are cleaner for developers (ORM code is lighter too)Since it mostly impacts community modules, we'd like the community to vote here:https://www.odoo.com/survey/start/71We will close the votes on monday 9 and share the results.Can someone from the OCA relay this poll to OCA members? Since they contributed to a lot of modules, their vote matters.Thanks,--Fabien