Community mailing list archives
Re: POS on odoo windows versionby
one of our clients (food retail) is using the
Sharp POS systeem RZ-X (RZ-X730F)
our business partner Open2Bizz prepared the Sharp by:
- uninstalling WIN Embedded POSReady 7 software
- installing ubuntu
- installing odoo local version (with the hw_* modules installed)
- adding a user (pos1, pos2) for each cash register
- adding a startup script such that upon startup the POS will automatically startup Chrome with the address of the Odoo server as startup parameter
the technical installation is :
- the Sharp POS is *instead* of the POSbox raspberrypi
- attached to the Sharp are the client display, the epson printer, the barcode scanner and - attached to the epson printer - the cash drawer.
hope this helps.
2016-04-12 4:27 GMT+02:00 Jeffery <email@example.com>:
yes, of cause. you can install posbox instance on a box that running ubuntu.On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Kingsley <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:I have not tried it before. I would like to know if i can use POS hardwares(scale,barcode scanner,receipt printer) on odoo 9 commuinity version without POSBox raspberrypi device?--Jeffery -odoo expert form kunshan, suzhou, china