Community mailing list archives
Re: Payment Document: sequence based on Document Type, not based on Journal. WDYT? (v8)by
What about using one journal per bank account?
Dear community,For customer payment and supplier payment. I wonder if there is any module that change behavior from having Number based on sequence in "Journal" to based on "Document type", i.e., Customer Payment or Supplier Payment.We think sequence based on Document Type is the better practice for ERP, but as Journal is the core of Odoo, this is not happening now.Current Behavior=============
In Customer Payment and Supplier Payment, the document sequence will run by selected Journal (payment method). This result in some problem if there are many payment methods to select, and we will not have same series of Payment numbering.
- In Customer Payment
- If user choose Bank-A, and validate payment, number will be the sequence of Journal Bank-A, i..e, BNKA-0001
- If user choose Bank-B, and validate payment, number will be the sequence of Journal Bank-B, i..e, BNKB-0001
- While, what we actually need is RCT-001 and RCT-002
- In Supplier Payment
- If user choose Bank-A, number will be the sequence of Journal Bank-A, i..e, BNKA-0002 (continue from journal Bank-A)
- If user choose Bank-B, number will be the sequence of Journal Bank-B, i..e, BNKB-0002 (continue from of journal Bank-B)
- While, what we actually need is SRCT-001 and SRCT-002Proposed Solution:==============
Adding new field "Document Type", i.e., "Customer Payment" or "Supplier Payment" (can be hidden), and tie it with sequence number. This way, no matter what Journal user choose it doesn't matter, document number will be using sequence based on Document Type
Meanwhile, the sequence of Journal should still be used for Journal Enteries (journal entries should have both number, journal number and document number)What is your opinion about this?--
Ecosoft Co. LTD, Kitti Upariphutthiphong