Community mailing list archives

Re: Using Mysql as database system manager instead of postgresql for Odoo

Andi Becker
- 01/05/2016 21:36:30
Thanks for your explanation Ermin. 

Especially as you like to sell your customers a complete system I really recommend giving ERPNext a try as it can really enhance your business with another product and I am sure your point of view will change and you will enjoy selling 2 ERP Systems to your customers. I would not see it as a failure if you can't move people from a Hoster you don't like or think it is not good enough to one of your preferred once. Especially when you are working with Startups you will often have this problem. People try to save money and think saving money for hosting is worth it. One reason i.e. why include actually to all our customers 1 year free hosting if they run a project with us (Starting form the day the project starts to be developed). It gives us the freedom to develop the project on a system we know, which we can maintain and handle and best of all our customers experience it too. Most of them finally actually stay with us or move to an own server which we than will be maintaining as if it would be our own.

But still there are some who really don't want to move from their old beloved ones i.e. 1und1 etc. We had until now great experience actually in providing them the alternative solution. As we focus mainly actually on training customers to do many and understand many things by themselves it is perhaps another approach than a usual developer might has. They often focus on "lock ins" so that the customer would need them again and again. In our experience we do just the opposite, and the result is that people are actually recommending us to others because they can avoid future investments in new from scratch developments over and over again because developers changed their prices, finished their studies and are now no more available etc. 

By the way you could solve your problems quite easily by letting your system frontpage running over i.e. cloudflare. You will be seeing the change immediately! And than test again in GTMetrix ;-)


With kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Con un cordial saludo,
с сердечным приветом,


CEO/General Manager LisAndi Co., Ltd.


LisAndi Co. Ltd., Phuket, Thailand (
15/21 M.2 Viset Road, Rawai, Muang, Phuket, Thailand 83130

Mobile: +66 (0)81 606 3378
VoIP:   +49 (0)711 50 88788 50
Fax:     +49 (0)711 50 88788 50
Skype:          lisandi
Facebook:     andibecker
Google Talk/Facetime/eMail:


This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email by mistake), please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly prohibited. Email transmission security and error-free status cannot be guaranteed as information could be intercepted, corrupted, destroyed, delayed, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of email transmission

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Ermin Trevisan <> wrote:
I'm not afraid from anything. And I do not ask anybody to promote Odoo
or anything else.

What I say is, for example if I would meet a restaurant owner as a
potential customer and he would require that a proposed business
solution must be deployed on a 1 and 1 hosting, then I would try to
explain to him that this should no be an evaluation criterion and if I'm
not successful explaining that, then I would have failed as a consultant
or salesman. But I would for sure not try to make him another offer just
to satisfy such a requirement.

So I made no judgement about you, because I don't know you. I did judge
an attitude.

And I do sell an Odoo solution, because I do not sell the best
restaurant pos system nor the best accounting software nor the most
sophisticated website. I do sell an Odoo solution because it is a fully
integrated system saving my customers a lot of work, efforts and money
while offering all features necessary to stay competitive.

Nothing more, nothing less.

On 05.01.2016 16:02, Andreas Becker wrote:
> Hi Ermin
> What are you actually afraid of? Contributions are not at all a measure
> for anything. Especially not modules. if it were like that than perhaps
> many people would simply run away from Odoo as they get frustrated
> installing things i.e. which are marked for 9.0 and even available in
> the Odoo store but not at all working. Or when writing to people who
> post their modules in the Odoo store and not even get an answer. Those
> are experiences people have who than quite often actually contact us to
> get more informations and help about a system and who like to get
> training - this is actually our main purpose.
> If you write about people you should never underestimate their knowledge
> or connections and if you are a serious business person you would simply
> refrain from writing things like that:
>     "then I understand that you failed in your job providing a serious
>     service/consulting and Odoo/Business solution offering."
>     In German we say: Man sollte nie von sich selbst auf andere schliessen!
> Have you ever thought about that also your customers will read that list
> - actually they do :-) - 
> If you want to judge about others than better have a look to their
> portfolios before writing things like that.
> What I realise here on the lists is that there are really some people
> which are afraid of loosing customers to other CMSs ERPs etc. Have a
> look to what is written on the other sides too! Soon you will realise
> that they are much more critical thinking and not at all afraid in
> loosing any customer to Odoo instead as they know that their system is
> the best. Using any Software Solution is often also a matter of taste
> and fortunately tastes are different and if developers and business
> owners are not narrow minded and only focussing on a single product they
> also will be more successful IMHO. After over 3 decades in that business
> and spoken from my experience it is not the goal to get rich in monetary
> values but to enrich yourself and others with know how you will be able
> to share to next generations - Inspire to share!
> Take a look for example to that page here:
> the first thing customers will realise is that they get redirected to > even the page is in German > Language > > > check it out and start learning how to do it correct If you want to know > how to get also values like we usually have here with about > Pagespeed/YSlow 95% and higher than you are welcome to get in contact. > > This is usually what we recommend to customers which come to us with > their "online presentation" problems. > -- > The main Problems are usually Bad Server maintenance and awful server > settings no optimized postgres (in case of Odoo) or no use of a really > good and simple to setup .htaccess rules with most apache web > applications i.e. no gzip compression enabled etc. Unnecessary redirects > or even worst imageries without lossless compression, and a seo value > which is near to zero. All things which should be common sense how to do > it since years? > > But now have a look over the Odoo Fence to other systems and compare. > > > so why are you afraid? Simply take the chance contact the customer and > sell him your system. > > > > this market is a huge market and unfortunately mostly you won't find > Odoo in one of those lists. > > But Odoo has really nice systems too, the integrated ones and the > extended versions for the community edition for hotels and restaurants. > > >
> and much more. > > But still I would recommend customers to make their own choice of the > system and therefore we will also provide them in future with valuable > informations not only about Odoo but also about other ERP and CMS > Systems we are knowledgeable. > > Andi > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing-List: > Post to: > Unsubscribe: > -- twanda AG Ermin Trevisan Artherstrasse 19 CH-6318 Walchwil T +41 41 758 1515 M +41 79 208 7373 E

Post to: