Community mailing list archives
Re: Using supplier product code on purchase ordersby
But in any case your extension is pretty simple isn't it. A single text field. To the best of my knowledge in terms of standards based bar codes, the type can be determined by the length (except QR) so a simple dispatch function on length could even dynamically pick the right type for reports unless I suppose you needed to convert UPC to EAN13.
Word of advice on this, has been on my todo list to fix for a while.Odoo and OCA both calculate checksums for barcodes left to right. This means there is a different formula for odd and even numbered lengths. If you do it right to left, only one formula needed. The correct formula is in the GS1 spec docs anyway, not sure why Odoo decided to do their own way.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Luke Branch <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Thanks for the info, it's come in very handy for us along with the product_customer_code_sale module along with a couple of other Vauxoo modules. Have you heard of any modules that extend this module to allow for storing customer's barcodes (EAN13 and otherwise) in a similar manner?
I am working with a manufacturing company that often has to store UPC-A, EAN13, and a few others in a similar manner to how product_customer_code handles storage of customer's SKU's/Product Codes.If there's nothing out there already I may try my hand at extending product_customer_code_sale to add at least the EAN13 functionality, however if something already exists I don't want to re-invent the wheel.On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:04 AM, Raphaël Valyi <email@example.com> wrote:@Luke, @Marcelo,I confirm the Vauxoo product_customer_code is useful. We are using it successfully in a Brazilian manufacturing company. In fact I helped to port it to the OCA with the help of Vauxoo at this time. So I think the only repo you need to check now is:Regards.On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Luke Branch <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:Hi Marcelo,There is a useful module from Vauxoo that does what you have described but in the context of storing customer product codes and allowing searching by and adding by customer code in the sale order here:I believe you could learn from the code in this module that handles search and sale order line onchange to create a new module to accomplish what you need.I'd suggest checking these places:as there are a huge number of prebuilt modules in these three locations and you may find what you are looking for there.Sent from my iPhone
On 19 Nov 2015, at 11:53 PM, Marcelo Bello <email@example.com> wrote:Hi all,For my business, sometimes it would be much more convenient to enter a purchase order using the supplier product code.Take this use case scenario:
- I visit the shop of a supplier;
- I pick and choose all items I want to buy, some new, some already on my product list;
- I arrive back to my company with the supplier invoice listing: product code, product description and unit price;
- I want to type the supplier invoice directly into Odoo, without having to first map the supplier product codes to my own internal product reference code (or its description);
- For order lines that cannot be added from supplier code I know I need to first add the product to the Odoo product catalog.The problem is that mapping a supplier product code to internal product ref used on Odoo is not easy because Odoo has no search facility for supplier product code (or am I missing something?). But even if it had such functionality, simply entering the supplier product code following the supplier invoice would be much easier.Is there a module or a native way to enable what I want?Best regards,Marcelo Bello--