Community mailing list archives
Re: Using supplier product code on purchase ordersby
There is a useful module from Vauxoo that does what you have described but in the context of storing customer product codes and allowing searching by and adding by customer code in the sale order here:
I believe you could learn from the code in this module that handles search and sale order line onchange to create a new module to accomplish what you need.
I'd suggest checking these places:
as there are a huge number of prebuilt modules in these three locations and you may find what you are looking for there.
Sent from my iPhone
On 19 Nov 2015, at 11:53 PM, Marcelo Bello <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi all,For my business, sometimes it would be much more convenient to enter a purchase order using the supplier product code.Take this use case scenario:
- I visit the shop of a supplier;
- I pick and choose all items I want to buy, some new, some already on my product list;
- I arrive back to my company with the supplier invoice listing: product code, product description and unit price;
- I want to type the supplier invoice directly into Odoo, without having to first map the supplier product codes to my own internal product reference code (or its description);
- For order lines that cannot be added from supplier code I know I need to first add the product to the Odoo product catalog.The problem is that mapping a supplier product code to internal product ref used on Odoo is not easy because Odoo has no search facility for supplier product code (or am I missing something?). But even if it had such functionality, simply entering the supplier product code following the supplier invoice would be much easier.Is there a module or a native way to enable what I want?Best regards,Marcelo Bello