Community mailing list archives
Using supplier product code on purchase ordersby
For my business, sometimes it would be much more convenient to enter a purchase order using the supplier product code.
Take this use case scenario:
- I visit the shop of a supplier;
- I pick and choose all items I want to buy, some new, some already on my product list;
- I arrive back to my company with the supplier invoice listing: product code, product description and unit price;
- I want to type the supplier invoice directly into Odoo, without having to first map the supplier product codes to my own internal product reference code (or its description);
- For order lines that cannot be added from supplier code I know I need to first add the product to the Odoo product catalog.
The problem is that mapping a supplier product code to internal product ref used on Odoo is not easy because Odoo has no search facility for supplier product code (or am I missing something?). But even if it had such functionality, simply entering the supplier product code following the supplier invoice would be much easier.
Is there a module or a native way to enable what I want?
Open For Small Business Ltd, Graeme Gellatly
Akretion, Raphael Valyi