Community mailing list archives
Re: Odoo Ecommerce Performance handling!by
- dozens of Odoo instance (1 per city), that's a kind of anticipated regional sharding to as Odoo doesn't have horizontal scalablty at the db level.
- 1 single Solr or SolrCloud cluster. The web front end uses only the Solr data for standard anonymous browsing but n edit mode, it fall back to Ooor/Aktooor direct Odoo data editon (via json API) so there is only one data master (Odoo), Solr is just a cache of it.
- every city use a "facet" of the Solr data (like a where if you like) So when an Odoo instance exports its catalog to Solr it specifies its instance and that makes the Solr index a multi db instance.
- every city is a franchise. But before a franchise is active, a single national wide Odoo database has all tems.
- the front end is done using Ruby on Rails, Project Blacklight (by Stanford and other big US universities) and the Ooor connector by Akretion. This allowed us to use a proven scalable and mature web stack, even on Odoo v7 when we started.
- despite solerp is based on the OCA connector, it has nearly none of the traditional relational integrity burden of a traditional structured data connector. Indeed, the solr data is denormalized noSQL, so there is no schema or integrity to enforce on the web cache.
- both ooor and solerp/solarize allow to use the standard ActiveRecord/Mongoid Ruby ORM API, that even enable using standard templating languages such as Liquid from Shopify, so CMS using it such as LocomotiveCMS.,.
Hello Odoo Experts,
Need your guidance!
We are working on a very big Ecommerce portal with a heavy backend of ERP. everything is Odoo!
- Is there a way where we could use the primary database as the core for other databases i.e micro sites?
- Can the Live instance be Parent Database, Micro sites be Child Instances?
- Each micro site would be tailored to a specific product range
- Each micro site would be linked to primary instance via api or some tools
- Each micro site would take stock and pricing structure information from primary database
- Each micro site would be able to process orders but use primary instance to process i.e send data to primary instance to physically process order
- Each micro site would be able to take credit card payments but process through primary database
- Would having multiple micro sites slow down transactional performance of primary instance ?
- Or fundamentally is this what multi company functionality does or would multi company be a better solution?
Thank you.--The Splendid journey of 2 years in Numbers---
<img src="cid:email@example.com" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
Web : http://www.serpentcs.com
Mobile : 91 - 9879354457Twitter: jaynvora
Blog : http://jayvora.blogspot.com