Community mailing list archives
Re: Odoo Ecommerce Performance handling!by
As far as i know there was no multi site database on v8. Something has been done in the extra addons. But it get no support and don't now neither if it's working in a multi company environment.
Enabling multi company make sense when you have several companies. Otherwise you probably have a db per site and a kind of connector and some business logic and the main db to process business processes from the micro site.
Hello Odoo Experts,
Need your guidance!
We are working on a very big Ecommerce portal with a heavy backend of ERP. everything is Odoo!
- Is there a way where we could use the primary database as the core for other databases i.e micro sites?
- Can the Live instance be Parent Database, Micro sites be Child Instances?
- Each micro site would be tailored to a specific product range
- Each micro site would be linked to primary instance via api or some tools
- Each micro site would take stock and pricing structure information from primary database
- Each micro site would be able to process orders but use primary instance to process i.e send data to primary instance to physically process order
- Each micro site would be able to take credit card payments but process through primary database
- Would having multiple micro sites slow down transactional performance of primary instance ?
- Or fundamentally is this what multi company functionality does or would multi company be a better solution?
Thank you.--The Splendid journey of 2 years in Numbers---
<img src="cid:firstname.lastname@example.org" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
Web : http://www.serpentcs.com
Mobile : 91 - 9879354457Twitter: jaynvora
Blog : http://jayvora.blogspot.com