Community mailing list archives

community@mail.odoo.com

Re: Enterprise: Is it allowed to use AGPL community modules?

by
Camptocamp SA, Yannick Vaucher
- 10/06/2015 04:06:58
The core modules from which OCA AGPL modules are depending are LGPL.
Thus multiple module with multiple license can inherit the same core
modules.

Overall rules:

- Proprietary **cannot** depend on AGPL
- AGPL **cannot** depend on Proprietary

- Proprietary module can depend on LGPL
- AGPL module can depend on LGPL

- You can install both AGPL and Proprietary modules **if and only if**
AGPL authors allow it.
- OCA allows it's modules to be installed aside Proprietary modules as
long as previous rules are respected.


Yannick Vaucher
Business Solutions Software Developer

Camptocamp SA
PSE A, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: +41 21 619 10 30
Office: +41 21 619 10 10
http://www.camptocamp.com/


On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com> wrote:
> But...
>
> Does my question make sense at all???
>
> As far as I know, all community modules do inherit some code from Odoo
> "core", from the community core to be specific.
>
> So, it is just not possible, right?
>
> On 05.10.2015 17:12, Yannick Vaucher wrote:
>> Ermin, it is possible for OCA AGPL modules, but I cannot tell for
>> other community modules it depends on the author I guess.
>>
>> What you can do with OCA modules is install side to side with
>> enterprise modules.
>>
>> What you can't is creating or installing a proprietary module that
>> depends on AGPL module.
>>
>> See
>> https://odoo-community.org/blog/oca-news-1/post/oca-odoo-meeting-on-licenses-21
>> for more details.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Yannick Vaucher
>> Business Solutions Software Developer
>>
>> Camptocamp SA
>> PSE A, CH-1015 Lausanne
>> Phone: +41 21 619 10 30
>> Office: +41 21 619 10 10
>> http://www.camptocamp.com/
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Just to be truly sure: Is it legally possible to install AGPL licensed
>>> community modules on an enterprise installation? If yes, under what
>>> circumstances?
>>>
>>> Best, trevi
>>> --
>>> twanda AG
>>> Ermin Trevisan
>>> Artherstrasse 19
>>> CH-6318 Walchwil
>>> T    +41 41 758 1515
>>> M    +41 79 208 7373
>>> E    trevi@twanda.com
>>> www.twanda.ch
>>> www.twanda.ch/page/restaurant
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mailing-List: https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-59
>>> Post to: mailto:community@mail.odoo.com
>>> Unsubscribe: https://www.odoo.com/groups?unsubscribe
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mailing-List: https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-59
>> Post to: mailto:community@mail.odoo.com
>> Unsubscribe: https://www.odoo.com/groups?unsubscribe
>>
>
> --
> twanda AG
> Ermin Trevisan
> Artherstrasse 19
> CH-6318 Walchwil
> T    +41 41 758 1515
> M    +41 79 208 7373
> E    trevi@twanda.com
> www.twanda.ch
> www.twanda.ch/page/restaurant
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing-List: https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-59
> Post to: mailto:community@mail.odoo.com
> Unsubscribe: https://www.odoo.com/groups?unsubscribe