Community mailing list archives
RE: Odoo for sportswear distribution and retailby
Thanks for your comment, Eric. That is exactly one of the main concerns they have.
As a workaround to mitigate the pain, we are considering to prepare a function to do the following:
- add 'Split' button at order line
- when you press 'Split' button, the program finds all the variants for the product template which the product of the order line belongs to, and then creates order lines for those variants (with zero qty) by duplicating the originating order line
Here is a sample module:
The customer seems to be OK with this, although they still prefer to use the matrix form they are using now.
From: Caudal Eric [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: Odoo for sportswear distribution and retail
The order entry for this kind of industry is always a pain in the ass: you provide the product template and you need to be able to enter all sizes and color in a matrix with multiple dimensions in the columns related to the product template...
On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM Yoshi Tashiro <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
We have a potential customer which does distribution and retail of sportswear products.
Some asumptions/requirements that are particular in this business are:
- many product variants for color and size combinations
- operators are used to placing orders in a form with matrix by color and size (you select a product template and just input quantities in cells in the matrix)
- inventory of the past-season products needs to be depreciated periodically according to pre-defined depreciation rules
If anyone could share experience, or point me to customer references or useful modules in context of handling above points, that would be highly appreciated.