Community mailing list archives
Re: User Documentation: Call for Contributorsby
- More pages have been added, mostly in the "Accounting" application. We are looking for more contributors for the inventory and mrp apps.
- For reviewers, don't start reviewing document when the status is still "In Progress" (wait for the document to be in Need Reviewers.) Otherwise you may review a document that is still being written
I am also interested.--On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 2:24 PM, vinay kumar <email@example.com> wrote:Interested too...
Subject: RE: User Documentation: Call for Contributors
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 02:52:31 +0000
I’m Also interested.
De : Matthew Crouch [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Envoyé : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:58 PM
À : Community
Objet : Re: User Documentation: Call for Contributors
Interested as well.
On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Fabien Pinckaers <email@example.com> wrote:
We think Odoo 9 deserves a clean user documentation. So, we started writing a user documentation based on upcoming Odoo 9. But it's a huge effort, so I wonder if some people from the community are ready to contribute to this project?
We plan to start by the accounting and WMS apps. Ideally, we'd like to have those apps fully documented for the Odoo 9 release. We are drafting the table of content and sample documentation pages that will serve as the basis for all docs.
Here is the a proposition of TOC for accounting:
We started writing some sample pages as a proof of concept:
- Sample How-to (cook book-like docs):
- The mementos (to explain main concepts briefly):
- Concept explanations:
If enough people are interested to contribute writing a great documentation for Odoo, we will create a project and a mailing list for all contributors and send you a how-to contribute.
The documentation will be:
- written exclusively in english (we don't plan to translate for now on)
- based on Odoo 9 Enterprise (but 90% of the doc will remain valid for Odoo 9 community)
- based on RST files, like the technical doc but in a separate repository
So, let us know if you are ready to invest time contributing in a documentation project.
Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas, which if left alone in large enough quantities, for long enough, will begin to think about itself.Regards,