Community mailing list archives
Elmatica AS, Luis Alberto Panozzo
Hello, community ...
Conceptually, here is our ideal sale cycle (we deal in failry complex electronic components):
- We receive and approve a request from a customer.
- We ask a supplier for a quote regarding that quantity and a few other terms.
- With the supplier data at hand, we calculate our selling price.
- We quote to the customer.
- The customer accepts.
- We issue production order to the supplier.
- Supplier drop ships to customer.
After this all the invoicing takes place but that is outside the scope of the ensuing question.
In the list above the departments involved are Procurement, Sales, Engineering and Customer Service (CS) where the latter is (somehow leading) the effort.
Of course everyone wants their orders to move forward as fast as possible, etc, etc ...
So we are planning to put a prioritization scheme in place by which CS will receive "priority requests" ONLY via Odoo.
At this time we wonder if anyone is aware of any prioritization scheme where the people asking for priority have some constraints since we do not want to have, like today, all orders ending up as high priority, which defeats the purpose altogether.
We feel that we will still have to tailor any existing system but surely that would be simpler than starting from scratch.
Thank you for any pointer.
Luis Panozzo (Lp)Technology Manager