Community mailing list archives
Re: Managing multilingual web siteby
IRVAS International d.o.o., Ljubisa Jovev
Thank you for the manual. For web page content editing I am using the website builder inline editor, which automatically populates translation table fields after saving translated web page. The problem appears when I change the content of the page in the source language. The very similar scenario is:
1. Install second language (German)
2. Go to to web site builder and create a new page (Content->New Page)
3. Insert a text block (for example About) and save it.
4, Select the German language. The page is populated with the same text in English.
5. Now press Translate button and translate the content, and save changes.
6. Return to English version, and make any change in the content. For example add just a comma, and save.
7. Go to German version and you will see that previously translated content is replaced with new English one. Previously translated content is lost from the front end.
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Nuria Arranz Velazquez <email@example.com> wrote:
Are you using the Translated terms?<blockquote cite="mid:CAJtUmUKrTJsmmB+O3aRpZL1qeV+TJJp1jg3-rzqnhjx0j8XF9Q@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
We created a little manual to show how to use it internally, regarding to email content, see the extract attached, but I believe you can apply it to any other terms.
I'm not sure how it would work with website content, but it might be worth having a look.
On 18/03/15 15:12, Ljubisa Jovev wrote:
Can anybody suggest the sustainable way to manage multilingual static website content in Odoo. I have the following problem:
When I make any change in the content of the source language (for example, add a new word or bold some word) the previously translated content is completely replaced with the content of the source language. In this way it is not possible to efficiently maintain the content of multilingual web sites.
-- N. Arranz-Velazquez OpusVL Odoo Specialist Team (OOST) OpusVL Drury House Drury Lane Rugby CV21 3DE T: 01788 298 450 W: www.opusvl.com