Odoo Aide

3 Answers
Bill Ennals
05/05/2019 22:57

After three days tearing my hair out trying to solve this problem, the answer is incredibly simple!

I was working on a test local server that had multiple databases running on it and my .conf file did not specify db_name.  I've read the implementation docs and the references within them that state that you should set db_filter if you are using website or features may not work, and many .

Anyway, if anyone is having trouble with website or ecommerce related functions, particularly if it's in a test environment where your .conf file is likely to be configured to allow access to multiple databases, make sure this is in there:

db_name = yourdatabasename

Hopefully this saves someone else a lot of wasted time.  It would be great if there was something more meaningful in the error log to help inexperienced admins troubleshoot.

Poser une question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 Abonné(e)s
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now