--Pawan Kumar Sharma--
SunArc Technologies
| 6 2 7
Bikaner, Inde
--Pawan Kumar Sharma--

Pawan Kumar Sharma
30/10/2018 07:59

Hello @Wizardz,

This type error also faced many times. But install/unstall is not good approch. I have solve this problem first comment field in py field and update module. when it show me error for xml file then i uncomment my python file field and update module after server restart. This work for me. I think this will also helpful for you.

4 Comments
wizardz
30/10/2018 08:08

hm, ok, but is there not a way to update the module when I restart the server ? sudo service odoo restart -u module_name -d database ?

SunArc Technologies, Pawan Kumar Sharma
30/10/2018 08:28

Yes, you can also do like that.

wizardz
30/10/2018 08:30

Do you know the exact command for that?

SunArc Technologies, Pawan Kumar Sharma
30/10/2018 08:34

For ubuntu you can use:

./odoo-bin -u module_name

for window:

odoo.py -u module_name

subbarao

--subbarao--

| 5 2 8
Chennai, Inde
--subbarao--

subbarao
30/10/2018 23:46

There is a direct solution for this.

if you add any new fields to the res_company, res_partner, res_users tables you have to follow the following steps.

1) add new fields

2) open your custom module from the apps list

3) restart server, do immediate upgrade of custom module

Note : Here the problem is if you add any new fields to the res_company, res_partner, res_users tables every request it will check. If you upgrade after restart without any request it will work.

Poser une question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 Abonné(e)s
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now