Odoo Aide

3 Answers
Rob Henderson
14/01/2019 15:43

I have a use case for different variants with different tax rates Ermin. In Ireland, Children's clothing is tax exempt below the age of 11. So I have a T-Shirt (or other clothing) available in size Small (age 3-4), Medium (age 5-6), Large (age 7-8), Extra-Large (age 9-10), 2XL (age 11-12). All are Tax exempt, except size 2XL. This is the same in the UK.

I've installed other ecommerce website systems for small shops, all of which allow setting tax at variant level.

Is there any way to achieve this in Odoo?

2 Comments
Fraxnet Technology Consulting , Firas Mahmoud
18/01/2019 10:32

We achived that in odoo with customization, as it was not available in odoo using configuration in the standard version 11 and 12

Rob Henderson Design Ltd, Rob Henderson
18/01/2019 13:08

I would like to be able to do this also. Can you share how you went about the customisation.

Firas Mahmoud

--Firas Mahmoud--

| 5 2 4
Amman, Jordanie
--Firas Mahmoud--
Firas Mahmoud
12/12/2018 19:27

Thanks for replying Ermin, but I think you miss understood the case.  We did not create variant for each tax rate, we have product variants that each has different tax rate. The government who sets the tax rules, has set different sales tax per country of origin. We set the country of origin as an attribue that has countries as variants.  I know the documents. The default sales tax in odoo is set at the product level, regardless to its variants. 

we need to have the default sales tax to be  at variant level not at the product level.  I know, we can just create a product instead of variant and set the default sales tax for each.

I was thinking if there are some configrations  just like price lists, where we can set the different tax rates for each product variant, and the sales line will set the default correct rate when the item variant is entered.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 7 6 9
Walchwil, Suisse
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
12/12/2018 15:15

This is the wrong approach, you do not create product variants for different tax rates in ERP systems. Please read the documentation about the handling of different taxes:

- https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/sales.html (see "Product & Prices")

- https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/accounting.html (see "Others/Taxes")

Poser une question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 Abonné(e)s
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now