This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello there,

We are on Odoo 8.

When the sitemap is created, two attachments are created : sitemap.xml and sitemap-1.xml

See :

Even if I delete both attachments, as soon as I go to http://oursite.com/sitemap.xml, those two attachments are recreated.

Do you also have 2 attachments? How to avoid the second file?

Discard
Best Answer

This is not necessary. Files with names sitemap-N.xml (like sitemap-1.xml, sitemap-2.xml ...) will be used during the construction of the sitemap index, when your web page will be larger.

Discard
Author

I let it there so. If I delete only sitemap.xml, it recreates sitemap.xml AND sitemap-1.xml too. So, like you say, it is not a problem for me. Thanks

Best Answer

Hello Pascal, 

I have the same problem. I only have sitemap-1.xml (not sitemap.xml). 

I uploaded a sitemap with pages and images info but when I make changes in the website, the sitemap is overwritten and the full content is replaced. This is problem for me, because It is a "branding page" and it includes the "www.mywebsite.com/shop" and this kind of unuseful links to me in the sitemap.xml and those links are indexed and it shouldnt be.

How can I fix the content of the sitemap, or at least, avoid to auto remove the links entered manually?.

Thank you

Discard