This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi, I am using odoo11.

I have two models. The first model inherits from res.partner and has a custom field "code". The other model is a new one built from scratch (let's call it model_X), and has a many2one field referring to res.partner.

By default, in my form view for model_X, the dropdown related to the many2one field displays the description of the partner. I would like the "code" field to be displayed instead.

Is that possible? Thank you as always.

Daniele

Discard
Best Answer

use the name_get() method to display code

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer, this actually works, but then every occurrence of res.partner's name is going to change everywhere. Is there a way to obtain the same result only in that specific dropdown many2one field? Thanks

Author

Well i guess that the following thread offers a possible solution to what i was looking for... i link it here for reference: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/using-name-get-how-to-shows-two-different-display-values-2589

Best Answer

But i want other column show only in search drop down. When i use name_get, and i save record, field many2one will show all field that i defined in name_get function. 

Discard