This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hai Friends ,

I have question regards OpenERP Object Attributes / Predefined Fields  -  [ _auto & _sql ] .
  1. From the technical document i have idea , but still not clear . Can anyone please explain the fields properties ?

And once again thanks for everyone , such support for newbie .

Thanks & Regards

OMPRAKASH.A

Discard
Best Answer

_sql: SQL code executed upon creation of the object (only if _auto is True). It means this code gets executed after the table is created.

_auto: Determines whether a corresponding PostgreSQL table must be generated automatically from the object. Setting _auto to False can be useful in case of OpenERP objects generated from PostgreSQL views. See the “Reporting From PostgreSQL Views” section for more details.

For example in sale.order class if you are defining _auto=False, sale_order table will not be created in PostgreSQL database.

_auto=False option mostly used to generated PostgreSQL views. You can see example of _auto here and here

Reference: Predefined Fields

Discard
Author

Hi , Sudhir Arya thanks for immediate reply .. I like to know is there any existing example (module ) to understand about _sql & _auto ... OMPRAKASH.A

_sql: SQL code to create the table/view for this object (if _auto is False) – can be replaced by SQL execution in the init() method. (Reference: Technical Memento )

Author

Hi , Sudhir Arya .. Thanks for your reply ..Surely i will make use of it ....

Author

Hi wowas , Thanks for your reply ...