This question has been flagged

hi,

i have facing problem in Portal->Billing->Quotation by User(portal group), when user click on any quotation to view than the following error popup.

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

Discard

Same problem here, any update?

I am having the same problem. Any idea?

Best Answer

I finally found out! it's a conflict of user permissions Access Levels. 

You have to experiment with the settings under User -> Permissions -> Other!!! 

A portal user has limited rights, so uncheck portal and uncheck public and just for debugging try to 

uncheck everything for a moment. Somehow this User/Survey is something I can't uncheck. But anyway, it's working now

and finally the user I had headache with can do what they want and they're real internal company users and have more accss rights

Discard

this works for me, thanks Malte

this works for me, thanks Malte

Best Answer

Hi,

1. That error warning might be from the permission given to "res.partner" object for the perticular user group,

or

2. Check the record rule related to res.users,

settings->security->record rules

Discard
Best Answer

I am agree with Malte Helmhold.

You are right. The portal and public user have some limited rights on some of the objects. So if one of the group has been assigned to user except admin, you will have access rights error/message.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, on the user/access rights, Under Other,  uncheck Contact Creation. This selection is actually reverse, unless Portal User.

Discard
Best Answer

Solved that with inactivating the user via settings / users / individual user - there deactivate the little box behind "active".

After that follow the description here to reactivate the user: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/inactive-user-reactivation-32211

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem i just used the super user to access super user

1. activate developer mode

2. click on become a super user from the bug 

video explaining   how to do that 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBN3IC9ipWw&t=61s

Discard
Best Answer

try reinstall the base module using :

odoo.py -d YourDB -i base --without-demo=base

Discard