This question has been flagged

Since we are using a parent/child structure for categories, why don't products show up when filtering by parent categories? Example:

All Products / Phones / Android / Product Name

When filtering by All Products / Phones / Android, Product Name will appear in the results. When filtering by All Products, there are no results. This shouldn't be happening since it is a parent/child structure and all products in the Android Category are by default in the All Products category.

Discard

Sean, did you find any solution to this?

Best Answer

The way to do this is to go to Sales > Products > Products by Category, then if you click on Android you will see "Product Name", and if you click on "Android" you will also see product name. You will see all the products in all the subcategories of the category you click.

Discard
Author

What I was asking, is when looking at the parent category. You mention clicking the same category twice "Android" but what I'm asking about is the parent category of Android. In teh example above, if I have "Foo" as category "Android," if I click on either "All Products" or "Phones" then I will not see Foo. I will only ever see Foo if I click the Android category itself and never the parent category. As a parent/child relationship, all Android products are also Phones and All Products as well.