This question has been flagged
3 Replies

i have purchased an APP and extracted the downloaded app to the addon folders. but i am not getting the app in the apps list. please help

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You might not have clicked on the menu named Update Apps list . On activating the developer mode, you can see a menu item named Update apps list under Apps menu.

After putting the module in the addons path, just restart the service , activate the developer mode, click on the update apps list , click update. Then got to apps menu and search the module.

How to install custom module

Thanks

Discard

strange - reboot server didnt work for me but "sudo systemctl restart odoo11.service" did .

Author Best Answer

ok thank you so much. it works now.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello.

Ive just installed odoo 10 and added the following modules: knowledge and dependencies and also project_scrum.

I verified that this are for the odoo v10.

i downloaded all of this and placed it on the /opt/odoo/addons folder, wich is the one that is configured to be the addons folder for the odoo installation.
I changed the ownership of all this folders to odoo:odoo, just like the rest of folder in that directory.
I restarted odoo-server service.
I enabled developer mode and clicked on Update App List, then update.
Nothing. Cant see the new installed modules.

What else can I be missing?? Help please

Discard

Im answering my own question:

I was able to see the new modules by removing the Apps filter and adding the name of the modules in the search box.

Then i could see the modules i added and install them.